Breakthrough Montessori will offer lower elementary starting in the 2018-19 school year.
Our lower elementary classrooms will serve children in first, second, and third grades (ages six through nine).
The Montessori elementary curriculum encourages children to explore their world and the interconnectivity of the universe. The curriculum interweaves academic disciplines so students learn to make connections across different fields, including:
- Language arts (phonics, spelling, grammar, sentence analysis, foreign language, creative and expository writing, and literature)
- Mathematics (arithmetic, algebra, and geometry)
- Science (natural sciences, physical sciences, and environmental sciences)
- Social sciences (history, civics, economics, anthropology, sociology, and geography)
- Aesthetic Development (music, drama, and visual arts)